Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sketch Club Mark - 12-09-06


Every week artists gather in Culver City and sketch passers-by.  As we gather to leave we pick a "mark" and have to go back to our desks and draw them from memory.  I have some spare time this week so I sculpted the mark.

I'm revising my workflow in an effort to loosen up the sculpting process and treat it as if it was a pencil and paper sketch.  The large shapes are just deformed spheres that were massed in quickly to define the overall proportions, then dynameshed if necessary, then refined somewhat.

Overall I am on the fence about this one.  Design wise I can do better but the process itself was faster.

Sculpted in ZBrush, rendered with Mental Ray in Maya.

For those interested in Sketch Club, check out the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment